August 5, 2014

Welcome Back Trifold Brochure

Hi Teachers! Happy Tuesday. :)

Well today I spent hours on my welcome back brochure. I haven't done this in so long, but now that I'm back in the classroom I need to come up with something that I thought was professional, communicated all the important details, and was something I could use year after year.

I created this brochure with Apple's Pages built in template and found all the clipart online. I love the way it turned out and it folds perfectly!  I exported a copy to a Word document and posted it on my TPT store if you want to do a brochure this year. I deleted the text specific to me so you can add your own flair. If you want the Apple's Pages version, comment below with your email address and I can send it to you.  Here are some thumbnails of my finished product so you can see my clipart choices.

Tips:

  • Print front to back with SHORT EDGE BINDING
  • If you need to do a screen shot (like my Remind 101 picture) on a MAC do Shift+Command+4. Your cursor will turn into a target with a gray circle in the middle. Simply click and drag over what you want to save. Most likely your screen shot will be saved as "screen shot date&time" on your desktop.
  • View in layout mode so you can make sure everything prints.
  • If you don't have my fonts, it's okay just use what you have.  Here I used KB Dunk Tank for the title and Gill Sans for the text with a 1.1 spacing. 
  • The 2nd grade rocks clipart came from: http://www.fsusd.org/Domain/1385
  • In Pages, I masked my picture with a callout (in Pages with picture selected, choose Format > Mask with Shape > Callout. Then you can use the squares and blue dots to modify the callout to fit your needs.


t


No comments:

Post a Comment